Thursday, December 15, 2011

Em - Unexpected Gifts

Photo Credit
Andrea - City Sleep


There are few things in life that are worse than losing your girl. One of those is to lose her to her best-friend, who is also a girl.
    Now I could have gotten over losing her to another guy, hell maybe I could deal with losing her to a different girl, just not Andrea, or Andy as she calls herself. She  pretended to be a boy to get her. She claims she didn’t but she did, I know it.
    Hell I’ve been the other guy with her. And her guy was my best friend. I tried to be supported of there relationship, I did, but it lasted all of two seconds,  When I saw them together it was evident she was meant to be mine, I couldn’t handle them together.?
    I’ve never really recognized what Kyle went through losing her.  I think I am starting to get it, but some things can’t be helped, she was meant for me.  I don’t know how I could of done this to him. But it hasbeen five years since this all  happened.
    She has been happily married with her partner Andy, for a couple of years,  they are doing great, I’ve moved on. Or at least I thought I had. We have been talking, we’ve put up with each other at family functions where her Dad and and her uncle my Step Dad were invited. The air between us has been good, except for those odd nights where fate had forced us together.
    Tonight seems to be one of those odd nights.  we are in our Grandmothers guest bedroom, and she suddenly ask’s me to sleep with her.
     “Bee-Bee, seriously? What? Andy is in the next room.” I am  shocked, This kind of thingt normally happens, on those late nights, in the dark hotel rooms, when Andy was out of town. Never in the middle of Christmas dinner.
    “Oh, she knows.” B said as if it was nothing.
    “What?!?!”  I am completely shell shocked. It was as if a bomb had just been dropped on my lap.
    “We want to have a baby, but we are broke. I’ve been with guys before; I’ve been with you before.” She’s saying. She seem’s really excited by this idea.
    “I.AM.IN.LOVE.WITH.YOU.” I said. I don’t know why I just said that, but I did. It was as clear as it could be, and I was pretty sure that was the same as a no. I couldn’t be the father or her child, with her lesbian lover, who took her away from me! Without Andy, I would still be with B. There was no way I could do that.
    “I love you too, and that’s why I want you. Your someone I trust, and someone who will be a good father. We want our baby to have everything, we don’t want him or her to never know their father.”
    “B, no. I can’t! You don’t get it, I’m. In. Love. With. You, I can’t watch you and someone else raise our baby!”
    “It’s a way for us to be together. Andy is okay with it. She really is, I love you, I never wanted to leave you. Why can’t the three of us make it work together?” She’s asking fully believing it.
    “Are you really that insane to think this will work?” I ask her.
    “I love Andy, I am attracted to her. But you need to know that I still miss you You should know that, wee have a standing date every couple of months. Me and Andy talked about it, we can be a couple this way. You just have to be okay with me and her being together too.”
    “This is a lot to wrap my head around.”
    “Kiss me, and if it doesn't feel right, if you can honestly tell me that you would rather not give it a shot, then fine.”
    She waits for me for a moment, and when I don’t move, she kisses me. Her mouth grabs mine, in the way it always has, powerful, hungry, like if she didn’t kiss me right now, it would be the end of the world. She’s always been such a sexual being, she’s always been mine.
    I broke the kiss. “Damn it, why are you always right?”
    “Cause I was always smarter then you!”
    “Fine!”
    “Fine as in, we.are.having..a.baby?”
    “Yes we are.” Damn it! I am excited about this.
    “Can we tell everyone? Everyone is here!” B says. 
    “God, last time we dated you weren't this excited to tell everyone.”
    “It’s been five years of being with you in secret, of hiding you, I want to share you with the world, is that so wrong?”
    We walked in to the living room where everyone stood, B made eye contact with Andrea, and she stood up with us, and held her hand, and B grabbed mine. It was insane but I think, it will work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment